Most days I feel like a fake, so these "About" kind of pages are tough to do. They always seem more self-serving for the author than they are actually helpful for the person reading them. That's (unfortunately) you.
In the interest of making these next few moments together as painless as possible, I'll leave it up to you to read (or not) two more posts where I already indulgently talk about myself:
1. What about me in 1 minute or 10 minutes:
2. Why I had to talk myself into opening up online:
I created this space because it's been lonely writing to myself in a private pen-and-paper journal. I'd like to hear back from another voice that isn't the one in my head.
That's where you come in.
I'm writing here as much for me as for other people like you who might also be in a funky phase in life: trying to get out of that funk and into a flow that might just actually lead to a better life.
And that's what's in it for you.
I only have one ask: Please don't be a stranger. Email me.
It's free and takes less than a minute of your time. (Bonus points if you take an extra minute to tell me more about yourself in that email link!)
Because I disabled open subscriptions to this website, the only way to consume most of my content is by emailing me. Here's why:
- Our time becomes more valuable when we can both reach out and connect with one another. I don't want to waste my time sharing and writing to strangers. I'd rather build something for a smaller group of people who can at least say, "Hi."
- This is my slice of the Internet. I built this place. Yet I still get a lot of spam and random people trying to break into my online home. Emailing me is like politely knocking on my door to let yourself come in. Please, come in.
- This is my slice of the Internet.
I reply! And, hopefully, we can get to know a little bit about each other. Afterwards, I'll add you as a Member to my website, and you'll be able to sign in using your email address. Next, you'll receive a confirmation email that you'll need to click on. Finally, you'll have access to my website – past, present, and future.
(Note: You should be able to stay logged in to my website once you've done this, but if you clear your cookies and get logged out, you can just easily log in again by entering the same email address.)
Yes, and I will be sad to see you go. But if you must go, you can log into your account settings and unsubscribe. Unsubscribing means you will no longer receive any updates from me via email. You'll still remain a member, and if you're super sure you want out, send me this email and I'll manually remove you myself.
(Note: I don't take any payments for membership on my website, so I don't have any information about you besides your name and your email address. I delete that information too when you tell me you want out as a member.)